I never really used to be much of a breakfast person, but ever since I started eating it, I found that I snacked less during the day and I had a lot more energy than I had in the past.
For breakfast, I normally go for 3 egg whites and low fat natural or Greek yogurt with 2 teaspoons of baobab powder, or oats, nuts, chia seeds and some cinnamon made with water.
This is a photo of all the ingredients before I blended them. I blend the nuts because I really dislike the taste and the texture of almonds, but they are so good for the body.
After I have blended it, I add some water to the dry mixture and pop it into the microwave for one minute and a half until it is quite thick, but this is my preference, if you do not like your oats thick, then put it in the microwave for a shorter amount of time!
- Oats– this is high in protein and fiber, so it keeps you fuller for longer, also, oats help reduce cholesterol levels, so it is great for your heart.
- Almonds– Almonds are high in protein and natural fats. They help aid weight loss and they help to improve the functioning of the brain.
- Peanuts– these are high in anti oxidants, and as you might have read in my previous posts, antioxidants help the skin. These also help to prevent colon cancer.
- Chia seeds– these are high in fiber, natural fats and are a good source of omega three
- Cinnamon– cinnamon has a great taste and it is also used as a pain relief.