Okay, I know I haven’t posted in a while, and I’m sorry about this, but I think I can make it up to you!
While I’ve been away, I’ve been obsessed with making smoothies or juices. The colours, the different flavours, the textures, everything mesmerised me.
I made this really delicious green smoothie, the picture does not do the colour any justice at all.
Okay, so the ingredients were:
1) 1 apple
3) approximately 200g frozen spinach
4) 1 tablespoon of baobab (Aduna)
5) Water. (I’m not adding a measurement for the water because it all depends on the consistency you like)
6) 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
You know how the rest of it goes, you cut all the fruit up and add it to the blender or juicer or whatever gismo you use.
When I make or eat things, I always think of their health benefits. Some if the many health benefits of this smoothie are:
1) Spinach builds muscle, so if you’re trying to bulk up, spinach will help!
2) Spinach is amazing for the skin, if you’re going through a tough time with your skin, just consume a lot more spinach. Try and incorporate it in every meal for over a week and see how your skin improves.
3) Pears are very high in finer, one pear give approximately 23% of the daily recommended allowance of dietary fibre.
4) Pears are also high in antioxidants, these can also help your skin loos beautiful. Another job antioxidants do is fighting cancer, so, be sure to stack up on them. Foods that are high in antioxidants are; tomatoes; kale; spinach; cauliflower; berries etc.
5) if you are susceptible to headaches or migraines, cinnamon has been found to eliminate headaches and migraines.
6) Baobab. I used Aduna’s baobab. I suggest if you do not use this superfruit, you need to start making room for it at home. The amount of health benefits are endless, it helps; bloating; indigestion; the skin, weight management and so on. It really is an amazing fruit. When you buy it, it comes in the form of a powder and you can put it on literally everything. In smoothies, on top of porridge or pancakes, in yoghurt, etc.
Well, I hope you enjoy the smoothie
X X X